Monday, July 17, 2006

Superman in love

Maybe I was expecting too much , and if you are going to spend your hard -earned on seeing this film then please don't read on ..

It all started well , the credits rolled over Brando' s missing speech and I felt all excited,esp when Kevin Spacey appeared..the brilliant direction and superb special effects..well I believed he could fly...were all top notch..even Superman himself was great with an uncanny similar voice and charisma of Reeve...I could even live with the fact that although Superman had been missing for 6 years he and Louis were at least 10 years younger than before..

However we now get to the knub of the problem ..the love story is FAR too listless , languid , laboured and basically unbelievable....

Finally I don't know if I dreamt it but when Superman rises ,Christ -like , back from the dead..I just wanted to get out of the Cinema....a wasted opportunity Brain ...

We want him to save the world..not make ridicules spooning eyes at a terrible Louis Lane...

No comments: